Thursday, April 29, 2010

childhood, puppyhood, toys, treats

I had a good normal middle class childhood - was loved, scolded, locked in store rooms. I remember having 5 or so toys in total - most of my memories are playing and eating mud. They were happy times!

So I decided Polka could do with the same. Her 5 toys were an old sock, a slipper, a platic bottle, a pillow case and a worn out tennis ball. And she could roll and play in the mud as a special treat.
Hubby was horrified at the abuse! Soon Polka had squeaky toys, biting toys, soft toys, coloured toys, toys for teeth development, brain development, agility -you name it! She was tearing apart the soft toys like nobody's business. I was busy stitching her torn toys (yes I actually tried this with no success) and hubby was busy buying new toys and treats by the dozen!

I started becoming aware of mint bones, doggie toothpaste, pet massages, pet spas, doggie clothes ( I swear Polka will never be seen in those), doggie bakery .... Pet Utopia!

Puppyhood seems wonderful. That got me thinking - was my childhood really happy ? 5 toys and mud !! Time to get on Oprah's couch :)

No comments:

Post a Comment