Friday, April 2, 2010

And That's How Polka Happened

I was never a dog person. Actually worse. I was a pseudo dog lover - you know the one who says how cute and pets a dog from a distance but can never really hug a dog - yes that was me. Keeping a dog in my own house was unthinkable.

Few months ago, my sister adopted a little 'local' pup and I flew from Singapore to take care of him. The lucky dog! He gets a dog sitter from Singapore, toys from Dubai and my mom's food!! I fell in love with the silly thing and was ready to give in to my SO's long time wishes for a pup.

After coming back, things moved quickly. We did some research over the internet and decided to take the plunge and adopt from the local shelter. We called a couple of numbers and reached a farm that was the first to return our call. And there she was - my Polka, wagging her tail at everyone. Just happy to be among people and dogs and cats. Actually just happy to be. My beautiful adorable Polka !

And thats how Polka happened to us :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment