Tuesday, August 24, 2010

To kill a mocking bird!

Everyday I go for my walks in the evenings.  Its not at regular times and its hard for me to plan my day but what can I expect from her. She has no discipline, no structure! She does not even wear a watch! But I digress - I will leave that for another day.

We usually walk in front of our house. Its a nice, huge green lawn in the middle of the city. I walk in the grass, look around, say hello to unsuspecting strangers and try to chase the birds. It was wonderful - till recently ...

A small black bird has decided to make my lawn his home. He perches himself atop the trees and awaits my arrival.  Every time I step into the lawn, the tiny bird glides from one tree to another and into the open lawn. He soars high up in the sky and dives low to the ground. He flaps his wings and circles in the air over and over again and goads me. I pull and tug at the leash as I watch his every movement, every flap, every turn. My heart beats faster and I start panting harder. I growl in frustration and stare in anticipation of a fall. But the dance continues! The black bird flies away and comes threateningly close; and twitters and sings and mocks me - 'Come get me!'

Aah what a pleasure it would be to kill the mocking bird!

2 comments:

  1. http://neoindian.org/2010/08/24/letter-writing-and-other-polite-ways-to-deal-with-crap/

    ReplyDelete
  2. @Anonymous - Funny post!

    Makes me wonder what my neighbors think of Polka and me ;)

    ReplyDelete