Thursday, July 15, 2010

Of Music and Dance

A friend of mine recently commented 'Your sister has a musical dog and you have a dancing dog!' '
"Polka and Sufi are cousins after all' I quipped.

Prior to this, I hadn't noticed the connection in names. Music and dance, scale and steps, pitch and pirouette, melody and moves, jazz and waltz, Sufi and Polka!
But the cousins may never see each other - at least not very often. One is in Singapore, the other is in India. Sigh! But recently, thanks to the Indian newspaper, The Hindu, Sufi and Polka made their news debut together in style! Surprising they have a lot in common and are more alike than we sisters. We are usually out of tune!

She likes pop music, I like rock. She likes sitting in the back seat, I love to drive. She likes all things neat and tidy, I thrive in chaos. She is soft spoken, I am loud.
Earlier, the only thing we agreed on were our dead end jobs and mundane routines but now its all about taking time off and getting a life - it's about Sufi and Polka, of Music and Dance.

We are dancing to a different beat!

No comments:

Post a Comment